martes, 5 de mayo de 2015

Transition

From Darwin to Brisbane: Three hours of plane, changing location and State. I am now in Queensland, known by the Great Barrier Reef, Fraser Island (largest sand island in the world), the Withsundays Islands… Pretty much everything what’s involved with the ocean! 
I took an overnight plane, which departed Darwin at 1 am and arrived at around 4:30 am. But I was gifted with watching the sunrise from the train on my way to the house I was staying:


Brisbane is a big city, a lot of business running. During my five days in the city I have stayed in Jamie’s daughter house, Xanthe. She shares her house with Jumima, Ben and Luc. Once you step in you feel the nice atmosphere they have created. They cook all together for dinner, have big hugs when someone is back home, ask a “how was your day?” and conversations flow. Music is also on; we have had some evenings with Ben playing the guitar and Luc the piano while Jumima and I were singing. They have showed me around Brisbane, introducing me to the high skyscrapers, the art galleries, the walks along the river and the planetarium.

Baking time! #gingerbread

Luc, who is studying art, did a picture of me! ^^

Views of Brisbane from the Historic Bridge

What I saw from the spot I was sitting and writing. Kangaroo point.

Afternoon in Brisbane

Well, while I am writing this post I realize that I should take more pictures in general! Maybe I enjoy too much just seeing what surrounds me with my own eyes? I might be too lazy sometimes… Anyway, I hope I get to see all my new friends again so that I can take a proper picture of them. So Xanthe, Luc, Jumima and Ben you know you have to come and visit me, right? ;)

The days I have spent in Brisbane have been full with human warmth and relaxing time. I have seen the rain again after almost a month without experiencing real storms! The rain washes the land and invites to have a cup of hot chocolate while watching a movie, doesn’t it? It has filled me with life and vitality. It has allowed me to say goodbye to one part of my journey and welcome a new one with a lot of excitement.

Because, my friends, my next stop is in the marina in Manly, close to Brisbane, where I am getting on a boat called Bomoh to sail up the East Coast of Australia. I am afraid that the pictures that I will update from now on will be covered with blue: blue sky, blue ocean, blue horizons. Or maybe also some red and orange, from the sunsets and sunrises I will be able to see standing on the boat. I want to thank Jamie for having given me the contact of Ralph, the skipper of Bomoh, and to have this opportunity of sailing around Australia as the last part of my journey.

Bomoh


Ready for “the sailing trip”? Let the wind blow the sails! 


5 comentarios:

  1. Llegit!!! sona bé sona bé! ara jo i l'andre tornem de canàries!! :) ja et passaré alguna foto però hem acabat morenes, ueee! molta sort x aquesta nova etapa al vaixell petita!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. No hay mejor cierre de un viaje lleno de aventuras que una estancia en un barco en el mar. Oceano pacifico, las olas, el sol, mar y cielo, los sentidos puede descansar. El mar es hipnótico invita a la meditación, no distrae excepto en algunos momentos . Good luck!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Wow! Thank you very much to write in English in order to have another opportunity to practice! Some of my classmates will be happy to read it! ;))
    Have a good luck at the see. "Boot" is wonderful!

    ResponderEliminar